Popular Posts

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reference the Gifford AZ Shooting Letter to Pete King. Please Take this up with your representatives as well.

This is a letter I wrote to my Representative today:
Dear Rep King,
I know a longer letter would probably make a better impact, and hold more resonance with you who reads this, or whomever reads this. I am more concerned today than ever, even more than 9-11(I was born in NYC & lived in Long Island al my life.I still grieve the loss) . On 9-11 our private citizens were lost sir, and finally 2 weeks ago our first responders received funding for medical aide. I don't want to see that good deed overshadowed with a severely wrong deed. Sir,The tragic incident in AZ today is unquestionably going to catalyst the fearful Congressmen and congresswomen to permanently quarantine, and physically isolate, themselves from the people that elected them. I would like to meet with you sir. I know that you're interested in McCarthystic interrogations, but that mechanism won't result in the Positively. It will actually contradict what our nation's applied with foresight from hindsight in terms of gun control, and higher standards for freedom and security. Unless you allow the congress to isolate itself as a nepotist for the NRA's agenda I beg you to listen to reason. The NRA won't show you social results, only abstract results.. The energy of this country should not be focused on isolating our elected officials ( I hope you agree with me on that), and not focused on suppressive hearings echoing from the fearful days of McCarthy.On the top of my list is praying for the families of those affected by this incident. My sympathies go out to them. I want this to never to happen to anyone ever again. and not just to congress, but to everyone. I'm completely genuine with what I'm saying Sir. As we've seen with the Bush Presidency and the unfavorable results of Presidents kept inside a bubble we can't let our congress be coddled into that same unfortunate environment. God Bless America. Happy New Year.
Joseph Naham, Family, & Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment